October 17, 2023
2023 Annual OSHA Refresher Training
Online Registration is Open!
Kohler Banquet Center, Kettering
How to Register:
- 4:00 - 5:30 PM – OSHA Program
- 5:30 – 6:00 PM – Dinner
- 6:00 – 7:30 PM – OSHA Program
By registering for this event, you consent that photos and videos of you at the event may be published in print, online or in online photo albums; on photo/video-sharing sites such as YouTube; on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Google+; and in other web-based media at the sole discretion of OFDA.
- Member: $70
- Non-Member: $125
- All cancellations are subject to a $25 Administrative Processing Fee
- For full refund (minus administrative processing fee), OFDA office must be notified 24 hours prior to the start of the scheduled program
This training provides embalmers and funeral directors with annual training required by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in four primary areas:
- Formaldehyde Safety
- Bloodborne Pathogen Safety
- Hazardous Chemical (HAZCOM) Safety
- Other OSHA Laws that Pertain to Funeral Homes
- 3 Hours Laws and Rules, approved with the State of Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors.
Kohler Banquet Center
4572 Presidential Way
Kettering, OH 45429
Meet Your Trainer:
Barbara K. Garrison, M.S., CHMM
Barb holds more than 20 years of experience in the performance and management of health, safety, and environment (HSE) projects for domestic and international organizations across dozens of industries and market sectors. She also has special expertise in conducting HSE compliance audits, health and safety training, and the development and implementation of written HSE programs. In addition, her experience includes delivering multi-media training courses in a variety of formats including instructor-led courses, webinars, computer-based instruction, and HSEEP-compliant seminars, workshops, drills, table top exercises, and functional exercises. Barb is also experienced in the development of emergency plans and Continuity of Operations (COOP)/Continuity of Government (COG) plans.