March 9, 2022
Master's Training Seminar
Online Registration is Open! - 6 CE
OFDA Office, Columbus, Ohio
Member rate: $175.00
Potential member rate: $350.00
Continuing Education Credit:
6 CE Hours, pending approval
- 1 CE Ethics
- 2 CE Laws and Rules
- 1 CE Preneed
- 2 CE General
To serve as a Master of an Apprentice, a Master's Certification is required. The seminar will cover the following topics:
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Funeral Service Law Scenarios: ethical dilemmas, cremation law, FTC, Ohio Funeral Service Law & Apprentices and Preneed Law
- Liturgical/Non-Liturgical Services and Roles and Duties of the Master Funeral Director
- OBEFD - Topic(s) of the Board's choosing
- Vital Statistics/Death Certificates
- Dan Burleson, Stakeholder Support Manager, Ohio Department of Health/Office of Vital Statistics
Dan Burleson is the Stakeholder Support Manager for the Bureau of Vital Statistics. He oversees the VS Helpdesk team and Vital Statistics training for all of their partners in funeral homes and local health districts in Ohio. Dan has been with the Bureau of Vital Statistics for the past eleven years.
- Don Ferfolia, Jr., J.D., CFSP, Ferfolia Funeral Home
Don is a fourth-generation funeral director involved with his family’s funeral firm in the Southeast Cleveland area. In addition to being a funeral director he is an attorney who is a principal with the law firm of Donald B. Ferfolia, Jr., LTD. located in Sagamore Hills, Ohio.
- Barb Garrison, M.S. CHMM, CET, President, Safety & Environmental Solutions, LLC
More than 20 years of experience in the performance and management of health, safety, and environment (HSE) projects for domestic and international organizations across dozens of industries and market sectors.
- Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors
Edward C. Nurre, Jr., President
Mr. Nurre of Cincinnati, Ohio, is a Funeral Director/Embalmer currently serving as President of the Board.
Cheryl Grossman, Executive Director
Cheryl was appointed executive director of the State of Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors on December 29, 2019.
- Poul Lemasters, Esq., Lemasters Consulting
Poul has worked in the funeral profession for over 25 years and holds a funeral director’s license and embalmer’s license in several states. As an attorney, Poul is admitted to practice law in Ohio, Kentucky and Virginia. He operates and is principal of Lemasters Consulting, located in Cincinnati, Ohio, a consulting business entirely for the deathcare profession, which includes funeral homes, funeral directors/embalmers, cemeteries, cemeterians, cremationists, crematory owners, as well as the suppliers to all of them.
- David W. Tackett, CFSP, Newcomer Cremations, Funerals & Receptions
David is an Ohio licensed funeral director and embalmer and a certified crematory operator. He earned the CFSP designation in 1998. David currently is employed with the Newcomer Cremations, Funerals & Receptions, Kettering, Ohio.