Young Funeral Directors
"Inspiring young funeral directors in Ohio through social, educational and interactive programs while promoting excellence in funeral service."
Lauren Baughman, Canal Winchester
Stephen Best, Canal Fulton
Bradley Chute, CFSP, Newark
Holly Colwell, Columbus
Matt Dixon, Canal Winchester
Jordan Hart, Rittman
Brittany Brundidge Muhammad, Cincinnati
Kurt Sammons, Canal Winchester
Eric Smith, Lancaster
Michael T. Smith, CFSP, Marion
Devin Woodyard, Columbus
Annual Distinguished Service Award
- Nominees must be OFDA members in good standing and 40 years of age or under in the year he or she is nominated.
- Exhibit outstanding citizenship in the community; serving the community in which he/she lives and/or works by assisting with activities or organizations that strengthen and improve the community.
- Exhibit a level of professionalism that exemplifies the attributes of a professional funeral director and maintains the confidence of the personal and business relationships with those he/she serves.
- Supports his/her professional organizations in their efforts to improve the standards of funeral service and to lend his/her voice in censure against those who would deter these efforts.
- OFDA Young Funeral Directors Committee
- The OFDA Board of Directors
- Executive Director of OFDA
- An award will be presented each year at the annual convention to the selected recipient, and the recipient’s name will be added to a permanent Distinguished Service Award Plaque on display at the OFDA office.
- The selected recipient will receive $500 towards an OFDA continuing education course or funeral industry convention in hopes of encouraging their continued growth as a funeral professional.
- A press release will be prepared and made available to award recipient and will be shared within OFDA media network.
- The selected recipient will receive complimentary OFDA convention registration for the year he or she is selected.