Young Funeral Directors
"Inspiring young funeral directors in Ohio through social, educational and interactive programs while promoting excellence in funeral service."
Lauren Baughman, Canal Winchester
Stephen Best, Canal Fulton
Bradley J. Chute, CFSP, Newark
Brittany Brundidge Muhammad, Cincinnati
Holly Colwell, Columbus
Kelly Daup, Perrysburg
Matt Dixon, Canal Winchester
Erika Furey, Columbus
Jordan Hart, Rittman
Fralisia Jefferson, CFSP, Columbus
Carl E. Kirby, Jr., Cleveland
Ryan Meeker, Amelia
Kurt Sammons, Canal Winchester
Eric Smith, Lancaster
Michael T. Smith, CFSP, Marion
Devin R. Woodyard, Columbus
Annual Distinguished Service Award
- Nominee must be an OFDA member in good standing and 40 years of age or under in the year he or she is nominated.
- Nominee may not have previously received this award.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- It is the nominator’s responsibility to summarize the nominee’s achievements, accomplishments and impact on others in sufficient detail to document why this nominee should be recognized for outstanding service in the funeral service profession.
This annual award is to be presented to the Ohio Funeral Directors Association Young Funeral Director who meets the following qualifications:
- Exhibit outstanding citizenship in the community; serving the community in which he/she lives and/or works by assisting with activities or organizations that strengthen and improve the community.
- Exhibit a level of professionalism that exemplifies the attributes of a professional funeral director and maintains the confidence of the personal and business relationships with those he/she serves.
- Supports his/her professional organizations in their efforts to improve the standards of funeral service and to lend his/her voice in censure against those who would deter these efforts.
All nominations must be received by OFDA prior to March 1, 2019 during the period December 1st through the last day of February for consideration. Nominations must be submitted through our online form. We suggest you draft your answers in a Word document before submitting your nomination online.
Should you have questions or prefer an alternate submission method, please contact OFDA Committee Staff liaison, Amy L. Baucher at AmyB@ofdaonline.org.
Rules of Procedure and Operation
Nominations for the Distinguished Service Award will be made to OFDA by colleagues, mentors, managers or supervisors of nominees. Award winner is selected by members of the following:
- OFDA Young Funeral Directors Committee
- The OFDA Board of Directors
- Executive Director of OFDA
*If nominated, members of the YFD Committee and OFDA Board of Directors must recuse themselves from group that selects award winner.
- The top three (3) scored candidates will receive a complimentary OFDA convention registration for the year selected and will be recognized during the Awards Ceremony.
- Award will be presented and announced at the OFDA Convention and Exhibition during the Awards Ceremony each year at the annual convention to the selected recipient, and the recipient’s name will be added to a permanent Distinguished Service Award Plaque on display at the OFDA office.
- The selected recipient will receive $500 towards an OFDA continuing education course or funeral industry convention in hopes of encouraging their continued growth as a funeral professional.
- A press release will be prepared and made available to award recipient and will be shared within OFDA media network.