Associate Membership Eligibility
OFDA Bylaws - Article III
C. Associate Members
The following individuals shall be eligible for Associate Membership in the Association:
1. Funeral directors duly licensed under the laws of the State of Ohio, who are in the profession of funeral directing and who are not owners of or are not employed by a funeral home;
2. Employees, retired employees and associates who are not licensed funeral directors under Ohio law and who are affiliated with a Firm Member or a Branch Member in good standing of the Association;
3. Widows and widowers of deceased Affiliates or of deceased Associate Members who are members in good standing of the Association upon their death;
4. Trade embalmers licensed under the law of the State of Ohio;
5. Funeral directors licensed under the laws of the State of Ohio who are not presently engaged in the profession of funeral directing; and
6. Funeral directors licensed under the laws of states other than Ohio, who are duly qualified members in good standing of their state associations.
Those persons who meet the requirements for Associate Membership under Subparagraph 2 of this Paragraph C shall automatically be accepted into membership of the Association. Applicants for Associate Membership under Subparagraphs 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of this Paragraph C who pay dues in accordance with the dues schedule approved by the Board of Directors are eligible to submit a written application to the Association for membership as an Associate Member. The Executive Committee, after receiving the report of the Executive Director on the application, may approve or reject it at any regular or special meeting of the Executive Committee.
Past Presidents who are Associate Members under Subparagraphs 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 may serve as members of any committee of the Association. Associate Members under this Paragraph C do not possess the right to vote, except that an Associate Member may cast the vote of a Firm Member on whose behalf such Associate Member is duly authorized to vote. All Associate Members in good standing under this Paragraph C may participate in all activities of the Association, except as otherwise provided in these Bylaws.